For the Paraphrasing in APA Format assignment you will be using the same items from both the References in APA Format and In-Text Citations in APA Format assignments. You are encouraged to use the SQ3R method in collaboration with this assignment to ensure you create a successful paraphrase of a paragraph or section of your choice.
The APA Plagiarism & Citing Sources course requires you to research, identify, and evaluate 3 different types of sources when completing this module. Before completing this assignment, identify and evaluate one each of the following:
- Government website
- Scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article (can be electronic or print)
- Book (can be electronic or print)
Once you have identified and evaluated 3 of the above types of sources, select one of them to complete the Paraphrasing in APA Format assignment. Skim and get a good sense of the overall article using the SQ3R method. Identify a paragraph or section that you would like to use for the assignment.
- Without looking at the original source for your paraphrase provide a brief description of the article, section, or chapter. Your description should be 3-5 complete sentences.
- Copy and paste the original paragraph or section on which your paraphrase will be based. If you are unable to copy and paste the selection indicate the exact paragraph number or section (and where the statement begins and ends).
- Create a successful paraphrase of your original paragraph or section of the article.
- Provide 3-5 complete sentences discussing what process you used to create the paraphrased statement. Was this exercise difficult? Why or why not? Will you do anything differently in the future?
This assignment will be graded on the following:
- Description of article, section, or chapter with 3-5 complete sentences
- Original paragraph or section (or indication of where to find original content on which paraphrase is based)
- Create a paraphrased statement based on your original paragraph or section
- Discussion of paraphrase process